You've got questions, We've got answers.
About the Auction
- WHO: Families (adults) of the CTK School, Parish, Community, or extensions there-of
- WHAT: For those new to Auction, in other lingo, it is considered a Fundraising Gala. Proceeds from the Auction are used to directly offset our school's operational costs and help keep our tuition rates low. It consists of the following segments: Silent Auction, Fundraising Games & Raffles, Dinner & Drinks, Live Auction, Fund-a-Need, and Dancing.
- WHERE: Pleasant Hill Community Center, 320 Civic Dr, Pleasant Hill CA 94532
- WHEN: Friday, April 28 2023
- TICKETS: Tickets go on sale Thursday, February 9th - EARLY BIRD PRICE: $125 per person. Prices will go up on February 23rd to $150 per person. Seats are limited, be prepared to buy your tickets early!
- WHY: To bring the Families and Community together, have fun and to raise money for our school. The Christ the King Auction is our School's largest fundraiser.
- Made a donation and your company matches? Awesome! Here is some info if you need donor confirmation docs or Proof of Contributions.
- Check out our link above or click here: Please see our Donation Information Page
- Targeted Procurement: STAYS: vacation home or timeshare, TICKETS: sporting (including H.S. or college), concert, or performance, TECHNOLOGY: game consoles, drones, speakers, headphones, etc., SKILLS: hobby or expertise instruction (e.g. cooking, etc.), EXPERIENCE: any unique item or VIP access you are able to share
- We have some very talented and creative parents and friends of Christ the King who have, along with your kiddos, put together some amazing class projects. Remember, for 2023, some of these items will be in the LIVE AUCTION this year, so check them out so you don’t lose out on the chance to take one of these fantastic items home.
- Questions? Contact our Auction Class Project Coordinator:
Experiences - What are Experiences?
- Experiences are parties thrown by a group of hosts for kids, adults, moms or dads only.
- The hosts come up with an event concept, all of the details (including location). Hosts are responsible for covering ALL the party costs. There are no reimbursements.
- All the proceeds from experience ticket sales go back to the school! It’s for the kids after all!
- Some experiences often sell out in minutes!
- Experience ideas for kids: Backyard Movie Night, Pool parties, cake pop making, BMX bike track trip.
- Experience ideas for adults: Dinner party with live band, sit-down dinner with wine pairings, 70s, 80s (or any decade) dance party, Murder Mystery Party, Poker Party, Pool party, Kegs & Kickball, Tacos & Trivia
- Fund A Need is often known by other names such as:
- Fund A Cause
- Fund A Program
- Raise Your Paddle
- A Fund-A-Need auction segment is one of the most important parts of our charity event. It is where we raise the most money and it’s capacity for raising an amount of money for our cause which directly benefits ALL students at the school.
- The funds raised during this segment go directly towards the specific Need it's raised for and segregated from the rest of the funds raised (which go towards Operational Costs, School Services, Youth Ministry, etc.)
- In a Dessert Dash, a variety of sweets are displayed in an enticing fashion with at least one dessert per table.
- A bid card is placed on every table with the corresponding table number. Each table or group place bids to claim one of the tempting treats on display.
- A dessert dasher is appointed at each table. This will be the representative that will run for the table’s dessert choice once their table is called on. They will literally stake their claim with their table number flag.
- The table with the highest combined bid will have the first chance to dash to the dessert table and select the tantalizing treat of their choice.
- However, they have to run quickly because the next highest bidding table will be dashing right behind them and so on until all the tables have had a chance at the dessert table.
- The desserts will then be taken back to the table with them or brought over by catering staff and served.
- While your are enjoying the scrumptious treats, bids are added to invoices for collecting funds at check out.
Heads or Tails (50/50 Raffle Game)
- A Fundraising game in which we sell chances or entry to play.
- We sell raffle tickets and in exchange, we provide participants a visible token (like a gold star, rubber bracelet, necklace, etc) to identify they have paid to participate.
- Having something other guests can see is better so they question “how did they get or why” they have the star or rubber bracelet which will also help in selling more chances.
- Once everyone that wants to play has paid, the fun begins.
- The emcee will ask that all Heads & Tails participants stand and ask them to choose either “heads” (shown by putting their hands on their head) or “tails” (shown by putting their hands on their rear ends).
- The emcee will then toss the coin calling out the result, “Heads” or “Tails”.
- Those whose hands are placed to match side of the coin tossed, remain standing. All others must sit and have been eliminated.
- The presenter will again repeat the instructions on placing their hands on their heads or their tails and will flip the coin again.
- This is done until you have one remaining guest standing who will be deemed the winner.
- Even with a large crowd, this process does not take more than a few minutes and about 6-7 tosses.
- Depending on the size and crowd participation, we may to offer two rounds.
Individual Student Projects
- This provides an opportunity for parents to buy an individual project made by their child. These items will be sold on this website before auction for a set price (example: $25-40 per student.)
- Questions: Contact our Individual Student Project Coordinator:
- Purchase your Tuition-for-a-Year Ticket to win the opportunity to choose have your 2023-2024 CTK tuition paid for in FULL for 1 child (the values is approximately a bit over $8k).
- Just as it sounds, we will cut a check to the school in August 2023 for the full, Single Child tuition cost, for the 2023-2024 school year on behalf of the Winner.
- No Kids, No Problem. You have options:
- The Winner has an option to take $5,000 in cash.
- You can donate the tuition to any kid enrolled to CTK for the 2023-2024 school year. Example: if you are a grandparent who wins and you opt to donate your winnings to your grandchild's tuition.
- Not Present, No Problem. The Winner does NOT have to be present to win.
- WAYS TO BUY: ONLINE ONLY
- ***Winner does not have to be present to win.***
- Auction Volunteer Opportunities: There are many ways to use your time and talents to help come together for the biggest fundraiser for CTK School and Parish! Volunteers are needed for Auction preparation, set up, take down, or if you are not attending the Auction as a guest, you can earn fundraising hours by working during the auction (bartender, selling raffles, finance, back room). Click here to sign up: Auction Volunteer Sign Ups
- A GREAT way to get all your fundraising hours taken care of!
- If you would like to be part of our incredible auction team it takes many hands! We have something for you!
Send an email to: Auction@CTKschool.org